2022 © eng: genocide-copyright
Informational announcement on conducting the public discussion when considering the issue of changing the name (renaming) of the National Museum "Holodomor Victims Memorial" to the National Museum of the Holodomor-Genocide
May 20, 2019
1. Public discussion organizer: National Museum “Holodomor Victims Memorial.”
2. Name of legal entity, the name of which is proposed to be changed (renamed): National Museum "Holodomor Victims Memorial".
3. Proposals and justifications for changing the title (name) of the property right object: it is proposed to change the name of the National Museum “Holodomor Victims Memorial” to the National Museum of the Holodomor-Genocide.
Argumentation: The task and the necessity of creating an institution that would tell the whole world about the crime of genocide of Ukrainians, the Holodomor of 1932–1933, were legally formed in 2006 by the Law of Ukraine No. 376-V "On the 1932–1933 Holodomor in Ukraine." Its article 5 included "the construction of a memorial in Kyiv to the Holodomor victims to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the Holodomor of 1932–1933 in Ukraine." The Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated on April 22, 2009, No. 435-p, established the State Museum "Memorial to the memory of the Holodomors victims in Ukraine" (in February of 2010 it received the status of the National, and in July of 2015 it was renamed to the National Museum “Holodomor Victims Memorial"). According to the plan, it was supposed to be a large museum complex, which would include a memorial and museum parts, but in fact, only the Memorial was built. During all this time, the institution carried out excursion, educational, exhibition and other activities as a full-fledged museum institution.
In spite of the Law of Ukraine "On the 1932-1933 Holodomor in Ukraine" as a recognition of the historical fact of the genocide of Ukrainians, the decision of the Kyiv Appeal Court in criminal case No. 475 with the defined organizers of the Holodomor, the activity of Ukraine and the Memorial itself in the direction of spreading the objective information on the Holodomor of 1932–1933, to this day, there are still many people who question its genocidal character, or deny it at all.
That is why the issue of renaming the National Museum “Holodomor Victims Memorial” to the National Museum of the Holodomor-Genocide arises focusing on the genocidal nature of the crime against Ukrainians and the museum's activities of the institution.
4. Subjects who made a proposal to change the name of the National Museum "Holodomor Victims Memorial": "Historical memory" NGO.
In case of getting other suggestions (comments) concerning the change of the name of the National Museum "Holodomor Victims Memorial," they will be taken into account during the public discussion.
5. Information on the time and place of public discussion, media accreditation, and registration of participants will be posted on the official website of the National Museum "Holodomor Victims Memorial" additionally.
6. Post address and e-mail address, terms and form for submitting proposals (comments): proposals (comments) are submitted to the postal address: 01015, 3 Lavrska Str., Kyiv (National Museum “Holodomor Victims Memorial”) and to the e-mail address: email@example.com until June 20, 2019.
Proposals (comments) are submitted in written form or verbally, sent by e-mail. They should include the surname, name, patronymic and the address of the person submitting them. Legal entities submit proposals in written or in electronic form; the name and location of the entity should be indicated. Anonymous proposals (comments) are not registered and are not considered.
7. Location and e-mail address, telephone number of the organizer of the public discussion, where one can be consulted on the issue of public discussion: 3, Lavrska Str., Kyiv, National Museum "Holodomor Victims Memorial" (tel .: (044) 254-45-12), firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Surname and name of the person identified as responsible for conducting the public discussion: Academic Secretary of the museum Hanna Sokyrina.
9. A summary analysis of the proposals (comments) received during the public discussion and information about the persons who took part in the discussion of the issue raised will be published on the official website of the National Museum "Holodomor Victims Memorial" before June 27, 2019.
10. The deadline and way of publishing the results of the public discussion is by July 22, 2019, on the official website of the National Museum "Holodomor Victims Memorial."
The above-mentioned informative announcement on the public discussion during the consideration of the issue of changing the name (renaming) of the National Museum "Holodomor Victims Memorial” to the National Museum of the Holodomor-Genocide is to be made public on the official website of the National Museum " Holodomor Victims Memorial."